Professor of Chemical Engineering
FUNCTIONAL BIOFILM DEVELOPMENTS
New building syndrome has been recent indoor health problem due to endocrine disruptors, formaldehyde, VOC compounds including BTX. To reduce these pollutants , biodegradable PLA film doped with Fe2O3 as well as sensitizer has been developed with fuse bio-nano technologies.
Tumor cell releases ultra-low level biomarkers in a blood stream. Conventional radioimmunoassay technology used in a hospital requires tedious and expensive procedure with a license in radioisotope treatment. In our biochip composed of functionalized AAO (Anodized Aluminum Oxide), 1˜4 ng/mL PSA(prostate cancer) can be easily and promptly determined with the computer analysis of variation of light refraction, called as blue shift of fringe pattern in an interferometry.
1. SH Lim, M Yamaguchi, O Nishimura, Y Mie, T Tamura, BW Kim, and M Suzuki, J. Nanosci. Nanotechnol. 9, 7318-7323, 2009
2. Lee, L.Pan, BW Kim, J Chem Eng of Japan 43(5), 459-466, 2010
3. MS Kim, D Jung, J Kim, BW Kim, J. Hazardous Materials, 190(20) 537-543, 2011
4. S Hong, MS Kim, J Materials Sci, 47: 403-411, 2011
5. PL Truong, BW Kim, SJ Sim, Lab on a Chip 12, 1102-1109, 2012
공과대학 학장(2010-2012), 화학공학부 교수 (1994-현재)
국토해양부 바이오나노 융합재료 연구단 단장(2008-현재)
한국원자력연구원 선임연구원 (1981-1994)
독일 Karlsruhe대학/KfK 연구소 (1987-1988, 1990-1991)